Re: Doc package naming

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:04 AM, John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:

For of all, I don't like libghc6-*-doc, because many of these packages
are useful not just for GHC, but also for Hugs.

David Fox tried this but gave up, because haddock is very particular about changes in its build dependencies and this would trigger rebuilds of the doc packages on different architectures.  He concluded this was an artifact of the ghc/haddock build mechanism, I think, and we decided not to pursue it further at the time.

Just a warning to check whether this is still true and, if so, that you have a solution in hand before restructuring.