Re: Avoiding that in the future Was: A smallish transition needed for haskell libraries

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 12:34:44AM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> I???m wondering if there is a smart way to prevent that in the future,

The almost sole scenario where repackaging the upstream tarball is
necessary is licensing troubles and I hope that we won't be seeing
more of that in the future.  I don't think that we need to start
planning for that as a regular feature.  This was a rather exceptional
situation.

> i.e. starting with ghc-6.10.1 Is using ghc6 (<< 6.8.2+) considered a
> clean solution, or is it still a hack?

It's still fine as far as I'm concerned.