Re: new distribution

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 12:28 -0600, Chris Larson wrote:
> * trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com (trixter@0xdecafbad.com) wrote:
> > Yeah but my problem is that I wanted something that works, and if you
> > report a bug to people who are listed as responsible for that module you
> > dont get a bunch of people saying that they are just volunteers and
> > access to CVS ro so you cant submit fixes, etc..
>
> If you show yourself to be competent, you'll get write access,
> whether it be to Opie cvs at handhelds.org, GPE cvs at handhelds.org, or
> the OpenEmbedded repositories for distro things.

lies!  france has decided that I am not allowed to participate at all.
competent or otherwise.  his *sole* decision prevents me from staying on
the mailing list, irc, etc.

If it werent for the work I did this week bluetooth on the 0.8 final for
h5500 would still not function (it got broke *again* when it worked in
0.8-pre), some hardware wouldnt be supported, people would not be able
to upgrade (familiar released several packages that werent tested so
people have to patch their systems manually just to upgrade them), etc.
This is not to say that someone would not have eventually figured it
out, some of it was easy, and most people could have done it.

Additionally stuff that I have reported (as simple as a RDEPENDS change)
is taking at least more than 2 weeks to fix (its still not fixed).

> > Yes and there is a 'BootStrap' image that hh.org has its basically opie
> > or gpe without a GUI (what makes opie opie and gpe gpe).  But it would
> > still be awkward to mount effectivly a root partition as a subdirectory
> > somewhere to use it for document storage.
>
> I should correct a misconception here.  Bootstrap is the distro without
> a gui.  It is not opie without a gui, because opie _is_ a gui.  opie
> without a gui is nothing.

what misconception, other than the one you have about what I said?  I
even specifically said the gui is what makes opie opie or gpe gpe.
personally I dont see a misconception on my part, but I do find it
interesting that you have to correct me on this by basically saying I am
wrong but saying the same thing as I said..

--
Trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com