pocketworkstation.org (Debian on Handhelds) 0.17 update

Hello all,

this is a short update concerning the pocketworkstation.org / Debian on
Handhelds project - I've just uploaded version 0.17 of the prepackaged
Debian chroot environment, which should work on Zaurus handhelds, and
(with a bit of work) may also work on other ARM-based Linux handhelds
such as the iPAQ.

Changes:

- upgrade to current Debian sarge/testing (this has increased the size
  quite a bit due to extra dependencies)

- compatible with the Japanese Sharp SL-C7x0 and C8x0 models, which
  are highly recommended for this purpose

- various bug fixes in the installer and environment

For more information, please check the web page:

	http://pocketworkstation.org

For discussions about this, please use the Debian-Handheld mailing list:

	http://lists.debian.org/debian-handheld/

One probably worthwhile project which I don't have the resources for
would be to convert this into a fully native distribution rather than
chroot - I have it set up this way on my C750, but in a hackish way, and
it would need a fair amount of work to install and support this properly.
Please send mail to the list if you're interested in this.

Let me know if you want to be deleted from this announcement list, this
is currently manual.

-Klaus