Re: pocketworkstation.org (Debian on Handhelds) 0.17 update

Quoting Klaus Weidner <klaus@atsec.com>:
> Hello all,
>
> this is a short update concerning the pocketworkstation.org / Debian on
> Handhelds project - I've just uploaded version 0.17 of the prepackaged
> Debian chroot environment, which should work on Zaurus handhelds, and
> (with a bit of work) may also work on other ARM-based Linux handhelds
> such as the iPAQ.
I'll give this a shot this afternoon.

> One probably worthwhile project which I don't have the resources for
> would be to convert this into a fully native distribution rather than
> chroot - I have it set up this way on my C750, but in a hackish way, and
> it would need a fair amount of work to install and support this properly.
> Please send mail to the list if you're interested in this.
Thanks for all your hard work!  I'm very interested in working
towards a fully native distribution to avoid the chroot.  In a general
way, what would be involved?  I've got a bit of time that I could devote
to the project as well.

Josh