Re: zaurus-debian success!

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 02:32 -0700, steve wrote:
> What kind of environment are you developing in?  Do you cross-compile
> from your linux desktop?

I am not currently using my Zaurus for much but I thought you - and
others on this list for that matter - might find
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/ interesting.  I think the Arm
target user emulation has recently reached a usable state.

I know, for example, that it is possible on an i386 (probably PowerPC
too) Linux machine to setup binfmt_misc to execute qemu for Arm binaries
and then you can debootstrap and chroot into the Debian Arm port on your
desktop machine.  In this chroot it is possible to bootstrap gcc so you
can probably compile anything.

Best to go for the cvs version, at the moment.

Hope this is useful,

James Ascroft-Leigh