Re: XLOG broken

Re: tony mancill
> Thank you for helping me make the connection.  (That makes a lot more
> sense than the complicated scenarios I was imagining... :)  I was thrown
> off the trail by the data/dxx/cty.dat in the xlog source package and
> had assumed  that it was what was being read (and knew that it hadn't
> changed).

There are two versions of the country files, a small one with just a
few callsign exceptions, and the "bigcty" one with the long list that
we are using now. xdx had assumed the file is smaller (while still
having the bigcty version in mind, I think):

/* Buffer size for reading in a single cty.dat record.  Currently the
 * entire cty.dat file is just under 80k bytes, so any single record should
 * be much less than this value, but with additions of callsign exceptions
 * record sizes will undoubtedly continue to grow.
 */
#define MAX_RECORD_SIZE 65536

-rw-r--r-- 1 myon myon 288472 25. Nov 03:38 bigcty/cty.csv
-rw-r--r-- 1 myon myon 325766 25. Nov 03:38 bigcty/cty.dat

I'm adding a check to hamradio-files to see if our new assumption of
not exceeding 128kB holds:

https://salsa.debian.org/debian-hamradio-team/hamradio-files/-/commit/8af7facd536485e56d86bac10d214108f2e0c075

Christoph