Re: XLOG broken

On Thu, Dec 01, 2022 at 08:32:11PM -0500, Ed Lawson wrote:
> Tony:
>
> Thank you for filing the bugreport.  It seems xdx is also failing to
> open due to a seg fault for other reasons, and I have filed a bugreport
> for it.

I will try to take a look at this weekend.

> For xlog the cause seems to a failure to load a module for acessibility.

In that case, there might be multiple bugs.  I was also seeing a
segfault on startup, but it was consistently due to an insufficiently
sized buffer while reading cty.dat.  Increasing the buffer size
(doubling it) resolved the issue for me, although it's not very
satisfying.  First, I haven't identified exactly why this started
happening - perhaps the recent updates to glib2.0 [1]? - so I have some
follow-up to do there.  And second, the fixed buffer size could cause
problems in the future, although that's more of an upstream issue.

If xlog 2.0.24-3 still segfaults for you, please do open another bug.
It's working for me locally now.

Cheers,
tony

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/glib2.0