Re: AX25 support in `pat` package

On Wed, Jun 08, 2022 at 11:00:30PM -0400, Dennis Boone wrote:
>  > AX.25 support "should" be compiled into pat, but I'll admit that I've
>  > not used it myself and am still becoming more familiar with that
>  > feature.
>
> Martin seems to encourage people to build using the make.bash script,
> which `go build`s with "-tags libax25", and for some LDFLAGS stuff t
> happen.  There may be some clues there.  I don't seem to be able to
> figure out enough about dh or its golang support to figure this out this
> evening, but you can probably see how quickly..

Thanks for the pointer.  Using `ldd -v /usr/bin/pat-winlink` I was able
to verify that the package wasn't linking against libax25, but is after
passing "-tags libax25" during the build.

I picked through the dh-golang sources and whatever params are passed to
dh_auto_build get propagated onto "go build" (see [1]), so the necessary
packaging changes are minimal (see [2]).

However, I don't have good way to test it fully, so feedback on whether
it works with AX25 is appreciated.

Cheers,
tony

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/dh-golang/-/blob/0b66fea7538b9bc210cf988edbec5f0baca2238f/lib/Debian/Debhelper/Buildsystem/golang.pm#L637-663