Re: Help needed with solving an axcall-related problem

Hello Daniele,

$ LANG=en axcall cb 13CB42
GW4PTS AX.25 Connect v1.11
AX25_WINDOW: Invalid argument

Please post your /etc/ax25/axports file as I imagine there is an error in there.  That configuration file is known to be sensitive to extra characters, CR/LF, etc.  Here is a working example where those are TABS creating the space between columns:
--
#portname       callsign        speed   paclen  window  description
d710            KI6ZHD          9600    255     4       built-in D710 TNC at 1200baud

Also.. it should be noted that your given destination callsign is NOT a valid amateur radio callsign.  As such, some software (not necessarily AX.25 code) might break is unexpected ways.

I never used axcall but by reading the code I think that you should
use the -w argument, valid values are 1..63 or 1..7 depending on the
value of -m that can be either s or e

Where are you getting your axcall binary?  Is it from the Debian repos?  If so, that code is rather OLD and this is due to the primary maintainer not marking new releases on his Git repo.  What I recommend to do is to compile a new version and use that over the Debian repo versions.  There are generally TWO versions you can consider and I explain all of that here:

   http://www.trinityos.com/HAM/CentosDigitalModes/RPi/rpi4-setup.html#18.install-ax25

--David
KI6ZHD