Re: Hamlib 4.0 in experimental

Re: Dave Hibberd
> I built and tested using my normal git-pbuilder method, which would have used Hamlib4, but I wasn’t able to upload the resultant .changes, I guess as it was binary only. Advice in the email was:
>
> > If the orig tarball is missing, the -sa flag for dpkg-buildpackage will be your friend.

There are several things that look similar but are actually
orthogonal:

#1 The upload can include a binary .deb package (required for NEW uploads; not for DMs)
#2 The upload can include a source .dsc package (the normal case for maintainer uploads)
#3 If the source includes a .dsc, it can include a .orig.tar.* file
   (the default is to include it with a -1 upload)

The "normal" dpkg-buildpackage build will result in #1 + #2

But these days you should really upload source-only (with or without #3)
since otherwise the package won't migrate to testing:
  dpkg-buildpackage -S

"source-only" doesn't imply that there is an orig tarball included in
the upload, that is only required if the tarball is not yet in the
archive. But even if you aren't including it, the .dsc file uploaded
needs to have to correct checksums for the tarballs in the archive.

Christoph