Re: What was

I'll just add -- if you are willing to commit to being "on the hook" to update them periodically (nothing major there) within the team, I know I'd be happy to sponsor uploads, and I'll go ahead and speak from experience and say so would Cristoph (and maybe bdale too, if you ask nicely!)

Remember - it's a team, so we share workload among us -- I think my reluctance to upload (along with Christoph's, I'm sure) is we have few hands, many packages (esp ax.25) have a lot of bitrot. Having someone commit to tend to that garden would help a great deal!

  Paul, KC3NWJ (Who just got a new TNC!)

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 2:51 PM Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
Re: David Ranch

> Well.. I don't know if I can commit to the time to become a Debian package
> maintainer but I DO use these packages and the larger community also uses
> them.

If you wanted to just maintain the ax25 packages I don't think that
would be a large time sink. Most have been sitting there for years...
Some initial cleanup would certainly be required, but we are here for
help. I can certainly sponsor uploads, and I'm sure others will be
available for that as well.

Christoph (who hasn't any AX25 nearby except for APRS, but hopes to
get hamnet access on 2.4GHz next week)

--
:wq