Re: Live Image

Hello Hibby,

Thanks for working on this project!   Few thoughts:

   Hardware:
   - I would recommend to require at least i686 32bity w/ PAE.  Even that is very very old but hopefully it will be a bit faster

   - I assume you're also going to offer versions for ARM?

   Window manager:
   - I'm not familiar with with LXQT but I personally REALLY don't like Mate.  Have you considered newer, light weight WMs like xfce (my favorite) or
lmde?

   Packages:
   - Is it mandated that you only leverage amateur radio packages that are in the Debian repos?  I ask as many of those are ancient and they need newer builds.  Examples include Fldigi, Xastir, etc.  The problem is.. many teams have stopped making official releases.  The code still moves on in the SCM but distros need to just start accepting specific Git, SVN, etc drops as "golden".  Examples include Ax.25 packages, etc.

   Downloads:
   - That's a good question and you'll have to ask the powers at be.  I can't imagine they will accept any old random image from anyone.  If you conform to their process *and* will represent it, I find it hard to imagine they wouldn't accept and embrace it.

--David
KI6ZHD