Re: wsjtx/wsjt software

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, Jan 14, 2018 at 02:42:02AM +0100, Andreas Bombe wrote:
> I was intending to do something about the wsjtx package a few months
> back but between trying to figure out what has already been done and
> being busy with other stuff this kind of got lost. So it's great to see
> someone else taking care of it.

thanks - if you can help me, I'll try to fix the state of
package(s).

> On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 05:45:43PM +0100, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
> > yes, I've made a package from 1.8 - I wrote to Collin and ask
> > that review it, but didn't get any answer. The package is here:
> >
> > http://ha2os.ha5kkc.com/Wsjtx/
> >
> > Before you would try that, need to upgrade the Hamlib package:
> > http://ha2os.ha5kkc.com/Hamlib/
> >
> > especially the libhamlib-dev, the wsjtx depends on it.
> >
> > Note, that as I remember, the 1.8 release of WSJTX contains a
> > bug, so there were some bugreports, that notices the freezing of
> > waterfall.
> >

> > Please review that packages, and if you have any remarks, just
> > share with me.
>
> A few remarks based on a very cursory review of wsjtx:
>
> The changelog doesn't match the changes wrt Standards-Version. Changelog
> says it's bumped to 4.0.0, debian/control says 4.1.1. Also that was
> months back and policy has since advanced to version 4.1.3, maybe update
> to that.

right, I'll going away the checklist, and update to current
version. Of course, in case of both packages (hamlib and wsjtx).

> It Build-Depends on a bunch of Qt4 dev packages but my understanding is
> that upstream has moved to Qt5. Is that correct?

I don't know it exactly - but as I remember, I had some reason...
I'll check ot out.

> The package description could benefit from an update regarding new
> modes, it only mentions JT9 and JT65 right now.

I'll update it too.

Thanks again,

73, Ervin
HA2OS