Re: wsjtx/wsjt software

I was intending to do something about the wsjtx package a few months
back but between trying to figure out what has already been done and
being busy with other stuff this kind of got lost. So it's great to see
someone else taking care of it.

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 05:45:43PM +0100, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
> yes, I've made a package from 1.8 - I wrote to Collin and ask
> that review it, but didn't get any answer. The package is here:
>
> http://ha2os.ha5kkc.com/Wsjtx/
>
> Before you would try that, need to upgrade the Hamlib package:
> http://ha2os.ha5kkc.com/Hamlib/
>
> especially the libhamlib-dev, the wsjtx depends on it.
>
> Note, that as I remember, the 1.8 release of WSJTX contains a
> bug, so there were some bugreports, that notices the freezing of
> waterfall.
>

> Please review that packages, and if you have any remarks, just
> share with me.

A few remarks based on a very cursory review of wsjtx:

The changelog doesn't match the changes wrt Standards-Version. Changelog
says it's bumped to 4.0.0, debian/control says 4.1.1. Also that was
months back and policy has since advanced to version 4.1.3, maybe update
to that.

It Build-Depends on a bunch of Qt4 dev packages but my understanding is
that upstream has moved to Qt5. Is that correct?

The package description could benefit from an update regarding new
modes, it only mentions JT9 and JT65 right now.