Re: WSJT-X 2.0.0 obsoletes prior versions

Re: To Nate Bargmann 2018-12-21 <[🔎] 20181221134856.GD31615@msg.df7cb.de>
> The wsjtx/rig communication works with 1.8.0 using the same libhamlib2
> package, so it must be some problem inside wsjtx. Audio works, the
> problem is that it claims that the rig rejected the command it is
> using to probe the CAT connection (switch VFOs, I believe).
>
> I can give rigctl a try tonight to see if I can locate the problem
> better then.

After some debugging, I think the problem is that hamlib thinks the
IC706* models do not support VFO exchanging:

Rig command: G XCHG
vfo_op: error = Feature not available

Rig command: G ?

-- it doesn't return any capabilities here, especially no XCHG.

According to my 706 manual, the VFO A/B command is 07 B0.

Going through the levels of indirections around ic706_priv_caps and
IC706_VFO_OPS got me lost somewhere. Could you possibly have a look to
see where the XCHG capability isn't passed through?

Thanks,
Christoph