WSJT-X 2.0.0 obsoletes prior versions

I saw that the wsjtx 1.8.0 package has just entered Testing in the past
day or two.  Hopefully, it is not intended that this version should be
in the repository for the life of Buster as WSJT-X 2.0.0 released on 10
Dec 2018 obsoletes all prior versions for use with the FT8 and MSK144
protocols.  Upgrades are happening quickly and it is planned that by 01
Jan 2019 all use of the older versions will have ceased for these modes.

Having maintained build scripts for Slackware since version 1.8.0, I
have not had to deal with major changes WRT to version 2.0.0 builds. Do
be aware that wsjtx is bundling the as yet unreleased Hamlib 4.0 Git
snapshot, however, it may well work with Hamlib 3.3 (I use the .deb
package provided by the WSJT project, so I don't know).

For details see:

    http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx.html

73, Nate, N0NB

P.S. I am not subscribed to this list.