Re: WSJT-X 2.0.0 obsoletes prior versions

Re: Nate Bargmann 2018-12-21 <[🔎] 20181221134143.ja6zrxih3fsvk2vc@n0nb.us>
> While I am the upstream maintainer of Hamlib, I'm not an expert of
> WSJT-X and an external Hamlib, though there should not be an issue.
> Does the radio work with rigctl from the libhamlib-utils package?  I
> don't have any Icom gear and so far, the 2.0.0 .deb provided by K1JT is
> working on my Buster installation.
>
> I do note a bug with systemd or some place in the shutdown/startup where
> saved alsamixer settings are not respected and my sound device I use for
> radio work is muted after each system start.  Might there likewise be a
> bug that is muting the mic/line input so no audio is making it to wsjtx?

Thanks for the details!

The wsjtx/rig communication works with 1.8.0 using the same libhamlib2
package, so it must be some problem inside wsjtx. Audio works, the
problem is that it claims that the rig rejected the command it is
using to probe the CAT connection (switch VFOs, I believe).

I can give rigctl a try tonight to see if I can locate the problem
better then.

Christoph