Re: Hamlib status in Debian

Hi Colin,

On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 12:07:40PM +0000, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> On 26/03/16 12:00, Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS wrote:
>
> > there are the hamlib* packages in Debian repository, and derivates
> > of Debian (eg: Ubuntu, Mint, ...). All system uses a very old
> > hamlib version: 1.2.15. This version of hamlib has committed at
> > 2012-11-01.
>
> People are busy. Remember we are volunteers.

yes, I know that - I didn't want to blame you, sorry.

> > The current version of hamlib is 3.1.
>
> No, it is 3.0.1

yes, the current released version is 3.0.1, but the 3.1 is
exists.

> > First, I think it would be clean the version numbering. Now,
> > these packages are in repository:
> >
> > Package: libhamlib++-dev
> > Version: 1.2.15.3-1ubuntu4
>
> Ubuntu is *not* Debian.

I know that - I'm using Mint for desktop, which uses Ubuntu - but
I reviewed Debian packages, and all version and name convention
are same as above. I think that there isn't any differences...

> > As you can see, the naming convention is not so consistent.
>
> Yes, it is. If you don't understand it then you need to learn more.

Could you help me to learn more about that? One of the reason of
my e-mail was to understand...

Where can I found more info about that?

> I expect someone will find the time to package 3.0.1 soon.

Should I help you?

73, Ervin
HA2OS

--