Re: wsjtx

Hi Iain, Kamal,

Joe (K1JT) just committed the first, in what I am sure will be a series of commits, replacement for KVASD (the new decoder is sfrsd2 by Steve Franke K9AN and Joe Taylor K1JT and is FOSS) for WSJT (Python3 version).

I believe Kamal is the primary maintainer for this App in Debian.

This update is a significant change insofar as, we will no longer need to patch the source code to ommit the calls to KVASD (non-FOSS decoder) in WSJT sources.

I'll keep an eye on things and when he's released the next version of WSJT (Python3 Version), will let you know so we can get WSJT updated in Debian / Ubuntu.

Additionally, WSJT does not use Hamlib, so there is not obstacles to overcome on the Static Library front.

73's
Greg, KI7MT