wsjtx

Hi,

I've been trying to use the wsjtx as currently packaged in Debian. It
appears to segfault every time it comes round to transmitting, which is not
brilliantly useful.

I took a go at attempting to update the package in Debian to the latest
upstream version (1.5.0) from the website. After 8 hours, I'm giving up.

This is not a friendly package for distributions to carry, it combines 3
build systems together making it incredibly difficult to see when your
options are overwritten and if they are, where it is happening.

I will look at reproducing this bug later in the week and I will be filing
an RC bug on the package if I can reproduce it reliably. I see that 1.5.0 is
packaged in KI7MT's Ubuntu PPA, although the package would not be acceptable
for the Debian archives.

Could someone provide a status update as to where these packages are in
their development? If no one is interested in the package any more, please
orphan it, although know that if that happens there's a good chance I'll
follow up with an RM bug.

You can see my attempt at bringing this to the latest upstream version at:

  http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-hamradio/wsjtx.git

Thanks,
Iain.