Re: dream packaging

Hi Julian,

On Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 03:50:05AM -0800, Julian Cable wrote:
> I'm noticing a few sillies in the upstream so I'll probably fix those and
> do a 2.2 release before suggesting we create the Debian package. We always
> get a surge in downloads after a release and once a year keeps the project
> alive, even if its just a maintenance release with no new features.
>
> So I'll need to know how to modify the git stuff for a new 'pristine'
> source tarball but then we should be good to go.

Its really quite simple. You just run the:

  git import-orig --pristine-tar /path/to/dream-new-release.tar.gz

again. It will import the new upstream files, but leave your existing
debian/ directory in place when the new upstream files are merged.

> I've raised the faad/faac issue with the Multimedia folks and they don't
> see a problem. Things are looking good.

That's good news.

Thanks,
Iain.

P.S. Please keep your replies on the list so that they can be archived and
so others will be able to help where I can't. I'm not sure how Yahoo mail
works, but you should be able to do a reply to all and then just remove all
the email addresses that aren't debian-hams@lists.debian.org.

--
e: irl@fsfe.org            w: iain.learmonth.me
x: irl@jabber.fsfe.org     t: +447875886930