Re: Dream packaging

Hi Julian,

On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 12:58:19PM -0800, Julian Cable wrote:
> My Alioth username is jcable-guest.

I've added you to the Debian Hams team on Alioth so you'll now be able to
use our git repositories. The step I've missed out on the wiki is adding an
SSH key to Alioth. You just paste your public SSH key into the page at:

  https://alioth.debian.org/account/editsshkeys.php

You can only login to Alioth via SSH when you use a key, it won't allow you
to use a password.

I'm not sure what format your existing packaging is in, but the preferred
format is the git-buildpackage layout. This is where you have an upstream
branch, master branch with packaging work and a pristine tar branch.

If you've not yet started packaging dream, there are instructions on how to
start from scratch here:

  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianHams/Git#Creating_a_new_git_repository_for_a_new_package

On that page you'll also find instructions for importing from an existing
source package or importing from an existing git-buildpackage-style repository.

Just ask on the list if you have any problems. I'm also in IRC as irl in
#debian-hams on irc.debian.org most afternoons and some evenings (GMT) and
you can catch me there if there are small issues.

Thanks,
Iain.

--
e: irl@fsfe.org            w: iain.learmonth.me