Re: Dream packaging

Thanks for the welcome - I think I'm getting the hang of the process slowly and it's great you folks will help with actually getting Dream into Debian - I don't have any great need to 'be' the debian person myself if I don't need to be.

My Alioth username is jcable-guest.

Julian

On Wednesday, 5 November 2014, 12:05, Iain R. Learmonth <irl@fsfe.org> wrote:

Hi Julian,

On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 12:21:07AM -0800, Julian Cable wrote:
> I've registered as an Alioth user and requested to join here:
> https://nm.debian.org/public/newnm

If you can give me your Alioth username, I can add you to the Debian Hams
team.

The NM process is, as Colin said, for people that have been around a while.
You don't need to be a Debian Maintainer or Debian Developer to join the
team and we'll be able to help you along with your packaging and then
sponsor the upload into Debian.

> I guess I should be using your project's git repository for my packaging
> work? If I could join that would be great.

Once I add you to the team on Alioth, you'll be able to use the team's git
repositories.

There are instructions for this here:

  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianHams/Git

Although there are a few things in there I've missed out and need to add.

> The other thing I should probably do is to add new binary packages to the
> faad2 and faac Debian packages to create the DRM capable shared libraries.

For these packages it would be best to contact the Debian Multimedia Team as
they are the current maintainers:

  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia

Thanks,

Iain.