Re: aprsd in Debian and upstream - any interest?

On 15 September 2014 08:05, Iain R. Learmonth <irl@fsfe.org> wrote:
Hi Damien,

Is there a reason that the packages for aprsc are not in Debian? Is it not
DFSG compliant?

Having taken a quick look, I think aprsc should really be in Debian. The
only reasons to have a third-party repository IMO is that the packages are
not *yet* of a high enough quality to go into Debian but people need to
start using the package now or there are updates so frequently that using
Debian's repositories is not practical due to migration delays.

I'm not overly sure - I only found out about it a couple of weeks ago when I changed the IP of the T2 server I host, and had to get in touch to have the aprs2.net DNS entries updated, and was then asked to swap over to aprsc.  Seems like it's relatively new, and specifically built for APRS-IS servers, doesn't do I-gating, etc, so perhaps isn't targetted wide enough to make it to debian? Or perhaps its just that noone has put it forward :)

Regards,

Damien

--

Damien Gardner Jnr