Re: fbbdoc package - possible removal

On 08/09/14 23:53, Chris Knadle wrote:

> I've had a quick look at the latest upstream tarball from Jul 2013

Yes, I've just packaged that!

> and the docs/html/ directory looks very similar to me, so I'm not sure I
> understand what you mean.  Is this not the same source?

It's the same as the last version ...

>From docackno.htm ...

Page last updated on 17 november 1996

> It seems (on the surface at least) like the fbbdoc package is essentially a
> duplicate of what's contained in fbb and that the fbb package control file
> could add an 'fbb-doc' binary package if it's still desirable to have these
> docs split into a separate package.  [Or at least if I was maintaining this
> package, that's one of things I'd consider.]

If the files were up to date, then yes, that would be the sensible thing.

However Upstream is saying that he won't be keeping the docs in the
tarball up to date. At least that was my understanding, I will check
back with him.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1223 830814  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x38C9D903