Re: possible package adoption -- aprx

On Wednesday, July 23, 2014 13:37:23 David A Aitcheson wrote:
> Jaime or Kamal or Steve,
>
> Once "APRX" gets valid in Debian could one of you route it into Ubuntu
> as well?

A quick note about the aprx package [I said some of this to daivd but it
didn't go to the list]: the upstream source contains two empty -stamp files
that are only meant to be there during the build, but also 'f4fxl-core' which
is a binary that doesn't have corresponding source for it.  This file seems to
be unnecessary as far as I can tell because nothing references it and the
package builds without it, but it means that without upstream removing the
file from the source that the tarball will need to be repacked as a -dfsg to
remove this file.

It's also not easy to tell who the upstream maintainer of the Debian side of
the package is, because:  "HAM APRX release  maintenance <aprx@ham>" as is in
the upstream debian/control file isn't a person or a valid email address.  To
appease the Lintian package checker I made this <aprx@ham.net> but I haven't
yet found out if that email address actually exists.

Point being, there are things with this package that still need some
attention.

  -- Chris

--

Chris Knadle