Re: Should z8530-utils2 be removed?

On Tue, May 06, 2014 at 10:25:04PM +0100, Colin Tuckley wrote:

> z8530-utils2hasn't been updated for years. It hasn't been uploaded since
> 2009 and that was to remove Joop from the uploaders list.

Does it work is the question.  Just because it hasn't been changed in
a long time does not mean it is no longer useful.
It also has 0 currently open bugs.

> Looking at the popcon stats it seems that it's not being used by anyone.

<rant> Popcon is not required and can not ever indicate software is or is
not being used by someone. </rant>

There are 9 installs of this package in popcon's count.

> Does it even work with 3.x kernels?

Can anyone answer this?  I've never had a need for an 8530 card.....

Pat