Re: Bug in Lazarus package in Debian

I confirm that Lazarus was not uploaded after FPC-2.6.0 was uploaded.
This results in the fact that LCL is built with 2.4.4 RTL while this
one is not available.

Ah, but we cannot do that for a package that we wish to upload to Debian
(or can we somehow?)...

As Lazarus pretty much depends on the version of FPC that it was build against, I believe that newer versions of FPC should always be closely followed by an update of Lazarus. As I believe both packages are maintained by the same group I would suggest holding of an upload of a newer FPC if it can not be followed within several days by an upload of Lazarus. Just my thought as a maintainer of an other package (Winff) that depends on Lazarus. Actually, I can not get bugs fixed in my package because I know that it won't be build anyway, quite annoying.

I'll upload new Lazarus soon.

That would be great. As, I am also awaiting that to see bug 656251 [1] fixed.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work of you on fpc and lazarus, but seeing your response above, it seems to me that you don't fully realize what the chosen strategy means for build-dependent packages and/or Debian derivatives.

Paul