Re: Bug in Lazarus package in Debian

Hi Abou-

On Mon, 2012-02-06 at 12:06 +0100, Abou Al Montacir wrote:
> Hi Petr,
>
> I confirm that Lazarus was not uploaded after FPC-2.6.0 was uploaded.
> This results in the fact that LCL is built with 2.4.4 RTL while this
> one is not available.
>
> However, if you did not explicitly remove fpc-2.4.4, it should be
> still on your system and you can just change default compiler using
> update-alternatives for fpc and fp-utils.

Ah, but we cannot do that for a package that we wish to upload to Debian
(or can we somehow?)...

While preparing to upload a new version of the cqrlog package to Debian
unstable, we discovered that it fails to build in a pbuilder/sbuild
environment due to this lazarus problem.  Indeed, this problem even
makes the version of cqrlog currently in Debian testing/unstable now
fail to build (and this would be true for many packages that depend on
lazarus, if I understand correctly).

> I'll upload new Lazarus soon.

Thanks!

 -Kamal