Re: hamexam_1.0.0_amd64.changes REJECTED

Il 07/06/2011 01:18, Kamal Mostafa ha scritto:
> Ooops, I foolishly did not consider that the PDF's would be unsuitable
> (their content is only a few images).  I will ask the package author to
> extract the images from the PDF's and ship them as .png's instead
> (good?).

SVG files would be even better.

> I suggested that the package author (John Nogatch) build it as a native
> package, since he created the software originally for Debian along with
> its debian/ packaging.  (There is no "orig tarball" or other repository,
> and it hasn't been published anywhere else yet).
>
> I'm a newbie DD, so please advise -- is it not acceptable/proper to make
> the package native in that case?   (and if not, what does make a package
> suitable for being a native package?).

Native packages are usually limited to a subset of software designed for
Debian and derivatives only. This doesn't seem the case here.
Sometimes leaving debian/ directory in trunk/tarball is easier for
upstream developers, but not for Debian maintainers. You could consider
switching to format 3.0 (quilt) to solve this issue:
http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0

--
  .''`.
 :  :' :   Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>