Re: RFS: ax-emergency-listen

1st there are international organizations, International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) and World Administrative Radio Conference (WARC).

2nd is you can not transmit using these tools without an appropriate license. That does not mean you can not listen. I have not looked at this program but I suspect that is could be used without a license because it could be a receive only tool.  The gateway system implies that transmitting is involved. The way that unlicensed people are kept from transmitting is by requiring that they register which includes supplying your call sign. Many of the APRS features are available to unlicensed people.  Check out findu.com for an example.

I might be interested in taking over maintenance of this software.
Steve