Re: RFS: ax-emergency-listen

If there is a problem with these particular restrictions, then there is a
problem with all the ham radio stack in the kernel and the other utilities
and programs for reception/transmission of amateur radio since you (legally)
need an amateur radio license to transmit on amateur radio frequencies.

The APRS specification is available to the public, and anyone is free to
implement it in software.

It looks like the software in question is just an extension of aprsmon that
reacts to emergency traffic on the APRS data stream.

Aprsmon is already available in the Debian package aprsdigi.

Pat

--

Patrick Ouellette                 pat@flying-gecko.net
ne4po (at) arrl (dot) net         Amateur Radio: NE4PO

What kind of change have you been in the world today?