Re: Struggling with AX.25

The fact that stty reported something different than what you had initially set may be indicative of some problem.

You didn't mention what type of TNC you had, but 38400 baud sounds a bit high. I recall that a TNC2 has a max setting of 9600 (as do many of the TAPR clones), although there is a simple mod to use 19200. If you have a TNC with a real serial chip, this does not apply.

Have you verified that it truly is in KISS mode (LEDs flash three times when powering up the TNC)?

Bob, N7XY