Re: APRS over AXUDP

Hi Jon,

I used to use rxecho on a per callsign basis to redirect a certain station on HF to my local VHF port. If VK7US (on HF) called VK2UY (a local VHF user), rxecho redirected the call. Pretty smart stuff!

I don't use rxecho these days because the need disappeared.

However, I now run DigiNed on the BBS machine to redirect UI frames between my local port (VHF) and my axudp port to/from the Windoze machine.

Cheers

Ray VK2TV

Jon - MM1CQO wrote:

Thanks Ray.

It works!

I have setp rxecho to echo all traffic from the VHF port to the axudp that is desitined for aprs or relay. I had to ensure the default route was to the uiview machine so I didn't start sending UI data to a remote node!

Thanks

Jon
M1CQO

Ray Wells wrote:

Jon,

Have a look at rxecho which can, as the name implies, echos data from one port to another.

Cheers

Ray VK2TV

Jon - MM1CQO wrote:

Hi All

I am looking at transfering APRS data over a axudp link and then transmitting them from an rf port.

I have a linux node running with 2 RF ports, an axip link and 2 axudp links. I will be receiving APRS data over 1 of the axudp links and want to retransmit it out of a local rf port and vice versa.

Does any one have any ideas if this is possible?

As both axudp ports both use the same ax25ipd daemon I imagine that how the aprs data is sent is pretty critical.

The APRS data is coming from UIVIEW using AGWPE which is used to creat the axudp link.

Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

Thanks