Re: directory to store TLE files

El Lunes, 8 de Marzo de 2004 02:22, Hamish Moffatt escribió:
> On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 05:17:09PM -0500, Patrick Ouellette wrote:
> > OK all you satellite users, where would we like to put the TLE files for
> > applications to SHARE?  It seems after a brief look at several tracking
> > programs packaged for Debian, they all store the TLE files in their own
> > places.
Maybe we could package TLD files but also cty.dat files and some other
non-app-specific ham related files such as a QSL information, a
DX-xpedition, ... and some other data.

I had in mind to start a ham-related project to work on this... and i have not
had enought time to launch it yet so maybe we could work on that if there is
anyone interested.

What i am speaking about is a full featured database with FREE and updated ham
data.
Yes... there are many other databases... but they are full spread through the
Internet... The idea would be to sumarize the most of them to offer the data
from one single point and maybe in standard formats.

I was thinking, for example, in an extension of ADIF to allow software,
weblogs and any other app to import QSL info DATA, Contests data,
DX-pedition's data... dates, routes, special calls... events, ...

Any idea?

--
Un saludo,
	Jaime Robles, EA4TV