Re: directory to store TLE files

Sorry for the deja-vu - the list software dropped me so I didn't get
the follow-ups.  I have read them in the archive and re-subscribed
to the list.

Next question:  Do we actually *need* or *want* a package that grabs
the TLE files from your favorite source and deposits them in
/var/lib/tle?

I can produce such a package, but it seems a bit of a waste to package
a script calling wget, and maybe adds a cron job entry.

I was just going to add a bit of code to seesat5 to check for wget, and
if is exists allow the user to press a key to check for/download
updated elements. The download site would be defined in the .ini file.

--

Patrick Ouellette

kb8pym@vzavenue.net
Amateur Radio: KB8PYM