Re: gmfsk error

Rein:

What desktop environment are you using?  If it is Gnome or KDE, perhaps you
have either an ESD or ARTSD problem.  Try running other DM like ICEwm or
Blackbox/fluxbox and don't start any sound demons.  Perhaps that is what is
going on there...  I am just grasping at straws.  Also, can you start gMFSK
then go to an open terminal and type this:

ps ax > system.txt

Then send that file (system.txt) to the list so we might have a look at all
the other stuff that is running at the time on your system (while in receive
mode.)

Also, please just reply to the list.  I don't need extra copies of the Email.

Thanks Rein.

73

On Friday 16 January 2004 01:00, you wrote:
> I have tested again with the Gnome disk this morning.
>
> Transmit is working fine. I have tried killing other applications to see if
> that was helping... but that did not help. I am using my Linux drive for
> swap (13 MB swap active).
>
> I am including a snap shot so you can see what is going on. As you can see
> the sound card is working fb, but it looks like it is working
> intermittently. No problem with TX, only with RX, on ALL MODES.
>
> Rein PA0R
>
> On Friday 16 January 2004 02:46, Ed Lawson wrote:
> > On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 01:20:10 +0000
> >
> > Ed Lawson <k1vp@grizzy.com> wrote:
> > >The sound card is working, I can get PSK31 signal via
> > > the output of the soundcard so I know the signal is getting into the
> > > sound card, but none of the programs show a signal...nothing.
> >
> > As a follow up.  I tried running gmfsk, linpsk and kpsk and I had the
> > same result in each case.  Absolutely nothing in the waterfall.  No
> > signals, nothing from background noise, nothing.  If I switch to
> > transmit, everything is normal and works.  Since the same result with
> > all and I know the signal is getting to the sound card, I can only
> > conclude something is really broken in SID for these applications to
> > fail the same way, yet still work on transmit using the soundcard.
> >
> > Ed Lawson
> > K1VP

- --

Wishing you well.

Jaye Inabnit, ke6sls   (A fortunate GNU/Linux user)
Questions, especially really dumb questions, can reveal the oblivious.
Free software isn't about money, it's about freedom. Please Support GNU!