Re: Getting new libax25 ready

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Patrick Ouellette wrote:

> Just wanted to let everyone know I'm getting ready to
> upload the new libax25 package to my space on people.debian.org
> ( http://people.debian.org/~pouelle ).  Upstream has added
> changes to handle non-blocking I/O that claims to break
> just about everything.  I'll be recompiling the ax25apps
> and ax25tools against the new libax25 too.

Only programs using libax25io will break, or actually they will go back to
pre-0.0.10 behaviour.

Asking on linux-hams we concluded that the only programs using libax25io
are LinuxNode and it's derivatives (FlexNode, AWZnode). For LinuxNode a
fixed package already exists (version 0.3.1).

Craig said that the libax25io change was the only change in 0.0.11 so I
wouldn't expect any problems. Of course it doesnät hurt to be careful...

--
Tomi Manninen           Internet:  oh2bns@sral.fi
OH2BNS                  AX.25:     oh2bns@oh2rbi.fin.eu