Re: Tlf support for the ARRL Sweepstakes

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 03:03:21PM +0200, Rein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> tlf-0.8.4.tar.gz is on the web, fully supporting the arrl sweepstakes (SO and
> M/S), with TR-compatible exchange input, and full network support.

Hi Rein,

I haven't been checking the email much since the CQWW started, so am
still using 0.8.2 (with the new ctydb.dat file Jaime mentioned).

It is working quite nicely in CQWW, but here are a few observations:

Own country shows up in log as two points (should be zero).  Contacts
are sometimes still needed for multiplier(s).  I'll edit the log before
creating the Cabrillo file.

A few countries require four characters to identify (VP2E, VP2M, PY0F,
etc.) TLF doesn't recognize these.  I edited the log to add them (no
space is left between prefix and zone columns in log file).

I had a few problems with entries in ctydb.dat not being recognized by
TLF (TO5A, for example).

To change zone entry required (after tab to the field): backspace,
insert information, enter, backspace, insert information, enter.

After editing an entry with ":edit", the old information still shows
up in the display (not a big deal).

All in all, I am quite satisfied.  Thanks.

73, Bob N7XY