Re:unable to bring up sm0

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote
What's your exact sethdlc command? Here's the sequence I use to bring up
sm0 on an SB Pro card:
sethdlc -i sm0 -p mode sbc:afsk1200 io 0x220 irq 7 dma 1 serio 0x3f8
setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
ifconfig sm0 hw ax25 vk3sb 192.168.254.1 up
smmixer s=line i=-10

I am using debian woody kernel 2.4.12 with ax25 compiled in.
on boot modules soundmodem and hdlcdrv are inserted (thru /etc/modules)
no sound card modules (sb) are inserted.
then i execute the following script (manually)
#! /bin/bash
echo 6 steps
echo Step 1
#setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
echo Step 3
sethdlc -i sm0 -p mode sbc:afsk1200 io 0x220 irq 5 dma 1 serio 0x3f8 #for pn m/c
(responds with current paramaters and new paramaters )
echo Step 4
setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
echo Step 5
ifconfig sm0 hw ax25 G3RUH 10.0.22.232 up
(respnds with  SIOCSIFFLAGS: no such device
SIOCSIFFLAGS: no such device)
also smmixer s=line i=-10 responds with invalid mixer device.
What distro and kernel are u using.
please give me your sound card make and mdel no.
I am using sethdlc version 0.5
ax25d 0.0.8
kissattach 0.0.8 tried inserting sb.o run aumix and then remove the module before iserting soundmodem and executing the above script Results are still SIOCSIFFAGS: no such device. PTT circuit is RTS -diode anode -resistor-baseof BC147, collector to ptt of rig. (PTT high will pull collector low and start transmission).

rgds
jtdsouza@softhome.net