Re: unable to bring up sm0

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 12:27:21PM -0600, jtdsouza@softhome.net wrote:
> tried out the sb16 isa card. Config is ok and i can run xmms.
> however "ifconfig sm0 up " still gives the error SIOCSIFFLAGS: no such
> device or address.

What's your exact sethdlc command? Here's the sequence I use to bring up
sm0 on an SB Pro card:

sethdlc -i sm0 -p mode sbc:afsk1200 io 0x220 irq 7 dma 1 serio 0x3f8
setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
ifconfig sm0 hw ax25 vk3sb 192.168.254.1 up
smmixer s=line i=-10

> Read VE31CH howto (know it by heart now). Once kissattach /dev/ttySo is
> executed it responds with AX.25 port smo bound to device ax0.
> and activates ptt which keeps the transmitter on. Does the ptt signal need
> to be inverted?

Depends how you wired up the PTT circuit.

> ax25_call smo <cs1> <cs2> switches ptt off and on periodically.
> However no sound from the soundcard.

Probably due to the above error message.

Regards
Hamish