Re: unable to bring up sm0

On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 11:06:18PM -0600, jtdsouza@softhome.net wrote:
> I am using debian woody kernel 2.4.12 with ax25 compiled in.

I'm using 2.2.x; 2.4.x could potentially be the problem.

> ifconfig sm0 hw ax25 G3RUH 10.0.22.232 up
> (respnds with  SIOCSIFFLAGS: no such device
> SIOCSIFFLAGS: no such device)

Suggest you use your own callsign :-)

When you issue the ifconfig command, what messages appear in the syslog?
Sometimes there is information about why the device could not be brought
up.

> What distro and kernel are u using.

Debian.

> please give me your sound card make and mdel no.

SoundBlaster Pro (Creative Labs circa 1992!).

> I am using sethdlc version 0.5

Same here.

> ax25d 0.0.8
> kissattach 0.0.8

I'm not using either of these.

> PTT circuit is   RTS -diode anode -resistor-baseof BC147, collector to ptt
> of rig. (PTT high will pull collector low and start transmission).

That's fine, no inversion required.

Hamish