The irony of this project....

> seems to be a good place for this (http://savannah.gnu.org). We should also
> start spreading our message more widely, so we can get more experts in our
> group. I was thinking the linux-hams mailing list would be a good starting
> point, but there are also ham-radio mailing lists for the SUSE distribution.

I've been unable to get subscribed to linux-hams for some time.  I
haven't tried in the last 5 months, but before that I would send
a subscription request, get an ack, reply to the ack then ..... nothing.
After several months of this I decided it wasn't worth the effort :-)

> > Ideas?
> >
> > BTW: This *is* fun; you guys are fabulous ;-)
> >

> Actually, I am a bit surprised that we have had so many postive responses. If
> we can get this together, it will be a major boost for linux and hamradio.

(Here is the irony part)

I got involved in Debian "way back when" because of Bruce Perens
advertising it as the basis for his ham radio distro (that never quite
saw the light of day as a separate project).

--

Patrick Ouellette

pouelle@buckeye-express.com
Amateur Radio: KB8PYM 50.200, 144.200  EN81fp
ICBM: 41:38:25.476N  83:31:43.417W