Re: intro

On Wednesday 31 October 2001 07:44, Bruce Walker wrote:
> Greetings.  I am interested in becoming a Debian developer.  I have a
> lot of unix/linux development experience, and though I've been a Debian
> user for a couple of years, I'm new to the deb development process.  I'm
> looking for a mentor/sponsor to help me ramp up.
>
> I'm also an active ham, so I thought taking on a project in this area
> might be a reasonable way to get started.  I was thinking of packaging
> the userland soundmodem code (which I use), unless someone already is/has.
>
> Or if there are other hot issues or things needing adoption, let me
> know.  My ham interests these days are mostly the digital/dsp modes and
> satellite.
>
> 73,
> --bruce W1BW

    Bruce:

firstly, I want to say thank you for your interest in not only Debian, but
Debian-Hams!

I am wondering about linpsk "Volker Schroer <DL1KSV@gmx.de>" packaging. Twpsk
was already mentioned, yet it never functioned on my potato or woody box.
Phaseshift is a great looking app, but also didn't function here, but I think
is already apt-get'able, as well as gpsk31.

BTW, I really love the console version of psk31! How cool can an app get, and
remain x-free :)

Good luck, I hope you find some great packages to bring to us!

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.