jLog (was Re: intro)

Craig Small wrote:

The process is not that painful if, as an applicant, you have your "act
together".  I've had people through the system in about 5 days.  Most
people get processed in 12.

I was just reacting to the post a month or so back on debian-devel where someone had been waiting for his accounts from the DAM for a rather long time. :-)

I got email from the author.... He doesn't want to make it opensource right now.... Can it still go in to non-free? A quick glance at the Policy document seems to make it appear that it can... Then again, it also would depend on a modern Java that includes Swing, and that's currently a somewhat moving target between the depends on dummy packages debate and that Blackdown's Sun Java packages were refused from incoming because of questions concerning the licence, which are hopefully being straightened out...

I'll take a closer look to see what it would take to take the .class "source" and fit it in to the Java Policy....

Bob N2KGO