Re: intro

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 21:22:45 -0300
Carlos Barros <cbf@fisica.edu.uy> wrote:

> It is mising kpsk (a psk with waterfall & more for KDE).
> Also there is another digimode that there is only a curses based program
> mt63.

Yes, there is mt63lx by SP9VRC. I have made 2 contacts using this software.
I wanted to package it, but the software does not include a license.
So we would have to contact SP9VRC, to see if he his is willing to make it
DFSG free. The software is available at
http://www.qsl.net/zl1bpu/MT63/Software.html

> BTW QSSTV is in the archive. We have some troubles, can not make it start
> receiving pictures. It does not realize that there is a transmission, even
> that you can listen it very well. Do you feel the same? Does it happend to
> you? do you have any special configuration for the program?

I agree that QSSTV has a problem with syncing. Pusing the 'Resync' button
or the 'Start RX' button a copuple of times mostly helps with me.
It is important that you play around with the radio-buttons on the left,
especially 'VIS' and 'DX'. The Sensitivity combo-box is also important.
You should turn VIS off, DX on and set Sensitivity to 'high' for a start.

> --
> Carlos Barros.

Joop PA4TU