Re: intro

bdale@gag.com (Bdale Garbee) writes:

> I did some work on the packaging last night, but it's not done yet.

A quick update.  I have it mostly packaged now, but ran into a problem because
I do most of my packaging work on an ia64 system now, and soundmodem tickles an
issue in the ia64 version of gcc involving inlining of functions that return
structures containing only floats...  After beating my head on the wall for a
while, I finally tried a build on i386, and of course it worked fine.

So, upload in another day or two, I'm talking with gcc folks about the best
workaround until the real fix shows up in gcc 3.1 next spring sometime...  I
really don't want to upload a package that I *know* is going to have build from
source issues on ia64 from day one... /o\

73 - Bdale, KB0G