Re: debian shortwave net?

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 08:21:23 +1000
Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:

> Well unfortunately I usually don't get home from work until closer
> to 0900 Z. It is 2220Z right now, so I will turn on 20m and listen
> for you before I go to work. I think 15m might be better at this time
> to Europe though?

Yes, no antenna for 15m at the moment. I am working on it ....

I have been on 14.073 at 2200Z. Have made 1 contact with Ted Williams,
WA0EIR, the author of twpsk. Signals were 60% copy, very noisy but
psk again showed it is a great mode.

We should work out some kind of shortwave schedule. I was thinking of
a 15 minute time window, one frequency for the moment (14.073 +/- QRM) and
3 different times to allow USA-Europe, USA-VK and VK-Europe contacts.
Saturday (once a week) would be a good day I guess.

Propagation charts here show that 2200Z is good for USA to Europe,
0800Z for VK to Europe. Don't know about USA-VK times, any suggestions?

We might start thinking about a 'worked debian-hams' award..... hi

> cheers
> Hamish
> --
> Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@debian.org> <hamish@cloud.net.au>

Joop

--
Joop Stakenborg - Debian GNU/Linux developer <pa3aba@debian.org>

--> If you recompile your kernel first thing in the morning, you
get "morning wood".