ftp via ax25

    Greets,

I am in a situation where I have a ham in the far reaches of nowhere (lives
on side of mountain 2 hours away). He has a digital camera and does some
great ham activities where he takes pics.

Now we move the pix here via an old ax25 node using mpack/munpack to mime the
pix to pure text. Unfortunately, that adds an additional 1/3 file size. So a
pic that is say 50kb becomes 65-75kb after miming. Using tcp/ip isn't an
option, since the node is *so* old.

Question, is there any way we could pull off a ftp via ax25? That way we
wouldn't have to convert them to text. . . sstv was also an option, but they
tend to degrade rapidly using this mode.

tia!

73

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user \/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.